[Berzelius-users] Berzelius downtime on 24th to 27th of Januari - Reminder and more information

Henrik Henriksson hx at nsc.liu.se
Mon Jan 23 11:39:36 CET 2023

Dear Berzelius users,

Tomorrow, Tuesday 2023-01-24, at 12:00 we will start the previously announced [0]
maintenance as planned. Maintenance of the full Berzelius system will start
Tuesday 2023-01-24 at 12:00 and is expected to end Friday 2023-01-27 at 23:59.

The maintenance will affect all of Berzelius, including
- login nodes (berzelius001, berzelius002)
- compute nodes
- access to any files stored on Berzelius (/proj, /home).

Make sure to copy out any files you need before the downtime starts.

We may be able to return login nodes to service earlier, but please do not plan
for this. We may also be able to return some compute nodes to service earlier,
but do not plan for this either.

During the maintenance, we and our suppliers will work on
- updates and maintenance on login nodes and other infrastructure
- updates to the cluster scheduler
- firmware updates
- replacing hardware (motherboards) in 30 nodes.

[0] https://lists.nsc.liu.se/mailman/public/berzelius-users/2023-January/000025.html

Best regards,
Henrik Henriksson
NSC