[Berzelius-users] Survey on Upcoming Downtime

Henrik Henriksson hx at nsc.liu.se
Mon Sep 25 16:34:20 CEST 2023

Dear Berzelius users,

If you want to give input on scheduling of upcoming downtimes, run
`downtime_survey` on a login-node.

We are currently planning for a maintenance window, most likely 1-3 days
sometime this autumn. During this window we are planning for quite a few
software changes and updates, among other things, bringing Berzelius more in
line with other NSC resources.

Past downtimes unfortunately lined up with conference deadlines for some
research groups. For the upcoming downtime, we have no external stakeholders,
nor any hardware deliveries. As such, we have much more scheduling flexibility.
In an attempt to reduce impact this time around, we are doing a survey on when
Berzelius users think we should avoid downtime during the autumn.

To participate, run `downtime_survey` in a terminal on a login-node. The survey
is open until next Wednesday 2023-10-04.

While we work hard to maintain a high service level, note that Berzelius runs on
a "best-effort" basis, and may go offline at any time, without any warning, due
to unanticipated issues like some hardware failures or serious security
vulnerabilities.

Best Regards,
Berzelius Staff