[Bi-users] Bi downtime 2015-09-02 16-18 CEST

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Mon Aug 24 16:32:28 CEST 2015

Dear Bi Users,

we need to restart the Bi login nodes and system server to update CentOS
to 6.7+updates and have talked to our user representatives to allocate a
slot for this.

We plan to restart the servers in the 16:00-18:00 CEST time slot on
Wednesday September 2. You will need to logout (or be logged out) from
the login node. This will also affect interactive jobs but not batch
jobs.

The compute nodes will also be updated, but we will do this is the
normal "rolling update" fashion between jobs, so no jobs should be hurt
by this.

[If somebody knows a good reason why the chosen time is worse than other
times that week, please contact us immediately so we can reschedule.]

Best Regards,

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444