[Bi-users] Restart of the Bi login nodes next Tuesday Aug 30 at 17:00 CEST

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Tue Aug 23 14:37:48 CEST 2016

Dear Bi Users,

we need to update the nodes and servers on Bi with the latest CentOS
packages including the kernel, so we need to restart.

After talking to our user representatives, we have scheduled a restart
of the login nodes (and the system server) for Tuesday August 30, at
17:00 CEST. We should be done by 18:00 if no unforeseen problems occur.

You will need to logout (or be kicked out). As usual, batch jobs should
not be affected by this.

We have also started to restart the compute nodes today. As usual, we do it between
jobs.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444