[Bi-users] FIXED: Out of space on /nobackup/fouo6

Peter Bortas zino at nsc.liu.se
Tue Dec 20 10:58:37 CET 2016

On 18 December 2016 at 17:12, Peter Bortas <zino at nsc.liu.se> wrote:
> On 18 December 2016 at 11:10, Peter Bortas <zino at nsc.liu.se> wrote:
>
>> In the mean time: If you know you have temporary files laying around,
>> please delete them. If you have directories with many small files,
>> please archive them with tar or similar.
>
> Turns out it's not currently possible for users to delete files. We
> will examine this during Monday and let you know when we have a fix.

The immediate problem is now fixed. You can once again write and
delete files on fouo6. However, we ask that if you have a large number
of small files you do not place those on fouo6 for now. Rule of thumb:

- Have n*10k files? Place them on fouo6.
- Have >1M files. Do not place them on fouo6 for now.

We know that several of you still have files on fouo2 that should be
decommissioned at the start of the year. There is a meeting this
afternoon where we will discuss this, but no files will be deleted
until you have had a chance to move them.

Regards,
--
Peter Bortas, NSC