[Bi-users] svn on compute nodes (was: Bi login node reboots on June 21)

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Wed Jun 15 16:27:33 CEST 2016

kent at nsc.liu.se (Kent Engström) writes:
> Dear Bi Users,
> while batch jobs should survive, as we will update compute nodes between
> jobs.

We have started the update of the compute nodes now. All jobs that start
from this point on will be running on nodes with the new CentOS 6.8 node
image.

We have found one regression: our existing module subversion/1.8.10 does
not work on the compute nodes, as a library it depends on has been
removed from the EPEL software repository we use.

We have compiled version 1.9.4 with a local copy of that library, that
you get with "module load subversion/1.9.4". Please use that one
instead.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444