[Bi-users] Downtime for some filesystems on July 5

Peter Bortas zino at nsc.liu.se
Mon Jun 27 17:44:01 CEST 2016

Dear Bi Users,

After having completed the upgrade of all the old /nobackup/
filesystems it is now time to upgrade the latest generations to get
rid of some really irritating bugs.

We have decided to do this upgrade Tuesday next week, the 5th of July,
between 13:00 and 18:00. At the start of that window the login nodes
will be rebooted to get new filesystem clients, so everyone will be
logged out. We aim to have the login nodes available again before 14:30.

The filesystems affected by the upgrade are fouo4, fouo5, rossby18,
rossby19, smhid11 and smhid12.

During this window the filesystems being upgraded will not be
available. Any processes that have open files on them when we try
to unmount the filesystems will be killed.

Regards,
--
Peter Bortas, NSC