[Bi-users] New feature available on Bi: restoring file snapshots on /home

Peter Bortas zino at nsc.liu.se
Tue Nov 1 18:01:58 CET 2016

Dead Bi users,

During Yesterdays stop we also made an upgrade of the fileserver
handling /home and introduced a new feature. It is now possible to
retrieve old or deleted versions of your files without contacting NSC
support and asking for a backup.

The short version of it is that we take snapshots of all files every
15min, and you can access those snapshots from the login node. There
are lots of qualifiers to that statement, which together with a usage
guide are documented here:

https://www.nsc.liu.se/storage/smhi-filesystems/#snapshots

Regards,
--