[Bi-users] Slurm problems (was: Slurm upgrade next week 2018-05-30 13-15 CEST)

Pär Lindfors paran at nsc.liu.se
Mon Jun 4 19:24:20 CEST 2018

Dear Bi Users,

The Slurm problem have been fixed!

On 05/30/2018 06:22 PM, Kent Engström wrote:
> It turns out that just specifying "-N number-of-nodes" (like "-N2") does
> not work as before, where -N2 gives 32 tasks spread over 2 nodes, 16 per
> node. Instead you get the double number of tasks (64 tasks, 32 per
> node) and it fails in the MPI launch where resources are not allocated
> for that.

The previous behaviour have been restored. Jobs that request node count
using only -N/--nodes now once again run one task per core by default.

We apologize for the delay. We could not fix this by changing the Slurm
configuration, but had to develop and test a patch for the Slurm source
code and this work took longer than expected.

Regards,
Pär Lindfors, NSC