[Bi-users] Slurm upgrade work tomorrow 2018-03-20 from 13:30

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Mon Mar 19 15:52:18 CET 2018

Dear Bi Users,

we intended to send this notice last week after our followup meeting
Wednesday when this was discussed, but we got sidetracked and missed it.
So, here we go:

We need to upgrade the Slurm version on Bi to a more modern one. We will
do this live, with jobs running. There is a risk that we will fail and
that jobs die, but the alternative would be to drain out the cluster
completely (so that no jobs are left running after a week), something we
know is inconvenient too and leads to lost computing time.

We will start at 13:30 tomorrow and work until we are done.

During parts of the time (forecast: up to an hour) jobs will not start
(including "interactive" jobs). There might also be some brief periods
(a few minutes) where "sbatch", "squeue" etc will fail.

Best Regards,
--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444