[Bi-users] Bi down for Slurm upgrade 2019-10-15 13-17 CEST

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Wed Oct 2 13:31:35 CEST 2019

Dear Bi Users,

we need to upgrade the scheduler/resource manager Slurm on Bi to a newer
version. After discussing this with our user representatives we have
scheduled this for

Tuesday 15 October from 13:00 to 17:00 CEST

During this time slot, jobs will not be able to run. We will try to keep
queued jobs in the system so they will start after the downtime (if they
have to be cancelled we will tell you).

Note that this also means that jobs submitted before the downtime will
need to have a timelimit so they are able to complete before 13:00 on 15
October, otherwise they will not start until after the downtime.

Best Regards,
--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444