[Bi-users] User group problems on Bi after yesterday's update

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Thu Dec 10 13:56:32 CET 2020

Dear Bi Users,

a quick notice: we did not get the group right for the users when we
upgraded the system server yesterday, so instead of having sm_foup,
rossby etc as primary group, you got your personal group (same name as
your user) as your primary group (which will own new files/directories).

We are sorting this out now, but ran into some problems while doing
that, so we have temporarily stopped new jobs from starting while we
sort it out.

We will get back when this is fixed.

Best Regards,
--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444