[Bi-users] Login node reboots 17-18 CEST today (was: SSH temporarily restriced for Bi)

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Thu May 14 12:44:03 CEST 2020

kent at nsc.liu.se (Kent Engström) writes:
> We have received reports of multiple HPC centres abroad being subject to
> intrusions. The information about what security vulnerabilities may have
> been used is scarce, so we have taken the decision to turn off new
> logins to the cluster from outside of SMHI while we try to get more
> information and prepare to apply the latest security updates.

We cannot wait to get a perfect picture of what has happened abroad, so
we will take the opportunity to apply the latest OS updates on the Bi
compute nodes and login nodes today, and then allow external connections
again.

- The compute node update has already started, as always using "rolling
  upgrade" where nodes are updated between jobs, so you should not be
  affected by this.

- Login nodes will be updated and rebooted today between 17 and 18 CEST.
  Log out before that if possible.

- External access will be enabled when the login nodes are done.

Best Regards,

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444