[Bi-users] Limiting access to CentOS 6 on Bi from 18/11

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Wed Nov 4 16:04:05 CET 2020

Dear Bi Users,

The Bi upgrade to CentOS 7 is progressing:

- We have handled a fair number of requests for software installations
  on the CentOS 7 side. If you have a request or a problem report for
  the CentOS 7 environment, email smhi-support at nsc.liu.se and put
  "Bi-C7" at the start of the subject line.

- Today, 96 more thin nodes are upgraded to CentOS 7, to bring the
  number to 336.

- All fat nodes but one have been upgraded to CentOS 7.

The next steps to follow as decided today together with the user
representatives:

- Tomorrow, we will redirect the bi.nsc.liu.se name to refer to the
  bi3 CentOS 7 login node instead of the bi1 CentOS 6 login node.

- From 18/11, only users registered on an exception list will be able to
  login to the bi1 CentOS 6 login node. To be put on that list, you will
  have to email smhi-support at nsc.liu.se and tell us why you need CentOS
  6 access and how you plan to migrate to CentOS 7 during the rest of
  the month. In the subject line, please put "Bi C6 exception:" and your
  Bi user name.

Best Regards,

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444