[Bi-users] Emergency service on Accumulus filesystems

Fredrik Nyström freny at nsc.liu.se
Mon Oct 25 13:29:00 CEST 2021

Dear Accumulus storage Users,

the software updates we applied on Thursday last week we have seen
cases of clients being wrongfully evicted by Lustre medatada servers.

On friday ~16:00 CEST we downgraded mds14 and mds16 and have not seen
any problem since for the following filesystems:

  /nobackup/rossby24
  /nobackup/smhid17
  /nobackup/rcdl
  /nobackup/bolinc1
  /nobackup/rossby26
  /nobackup/smhid19

We will soon update mds[8-11,15] during which time accesses to
filesystems (except those mentioned above) will hang (but not fail, if
it goes according to plan) for 5-10 minutes.

Downgrading is a temporary fix, we are still working on a permanent
solution.

Kind Regards,
--
Fredrik Nyström, National Supercomputer Centre
freny at nsc.liu.se