[Bi-users] Number of cores

Musuuza Jude jude.musuuza at smhi.se
Thu Dec 1 12:35:54 CET 2022

Hi Yiheng,

I guess you already set the number of nodes to one (32 cores) in your submission script and that cannot be overridden by subsequent resource requisitions. Your job runs with all the cores on a node (thankfully it doesn't abort) but not the 35 you wished for, unless you request for more a priori. This is my "loud thought" 😊, please ask the NSC admins and share their response. For parallel computing, it might be possible to request for all available cores on a node but my memory about this is foggy ...

Best wishes,

Jude.