[Bi-users] Bi and Accumulus unavailable on Tuesday, 5 April

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Mon Mar 28 11:14:22 CEST 2022

Dear Bi Users,

NSC has installed new UPS systems in the Kärnhuset computer room.

We need to turn off power to complete the installation, and then run a
load test to verify that the delivered system performs as promised.

This means that you will not be able to access Bi at all during this
work as it will be turned off. This also affects the Accumulus storage
systems, and the Tetralith/Sigma clusters (with its storage) located in
the same computer room.

We have scheduled this for 2022-04-05, starting at 08:00 CEST. We hope to
be able to let you in to Bi again around 15 CEST, but will inform you
when we are done (or if there is a substantial delay).

As always, remember that jobs queued the week before the downtime will
not start until afterwards if their time limits are longer than the time
remaining until the downtime.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444