[DTG-users] Re: March 2: Older Lustre filesystems unavailable during upgrade

KentEngström kent at nsc.liu.se
Tue Mar 2 21:33:00 CET 2010

kent at nsc.liu.se (Kent Engström) writes:
> Dear Accumulus Storage Users,
>
> we have a couple of servers running Lustre 1.4 that need to be upgraded
> to Lustre 1.6. They are providing the following filesystems:
>
>     /nobackup/misu2
>     /nobackup/rossby9
>     /nobackup/rossby10
>     /nobackup/smhid4
>
> As discussed and decided on the latest site meeting, we will do the
> upgrade on Tuesday March 2.

The upgrade was done today. Everything seems to have gone well, and we
are currently verifying the updated filesystems against copies we
have made, to be on the safe side. That part has taken a bit longer than
expected, so we will call it a night and let the computers work on this
during the night.

You will most likely get your filesystems back on Gimle, Vagn and
Tornado before lunch tomorrow.

/ Kent Engström, Peter Kjellström
  NSC