[Dunder-users] /nobackup/smhid6 now online again

Johan Raber raber at nsc.liu.se
Tue Dec 2 17:24:30 CET 2008

(some of you may see this in double copies)

Dear users of the Dunder and Gimle compute clusters,

As you may be aware of we have had some issues with the file system
/nobackup/smhid6 since the file server upgrades of last week, and
consequently it has not been accessible since this weekend when the
problems were discovered.

We are now glad to report that the filesystem is online once again, and we
have reason to believe that the damage caused has been very contained, if
there indeed has been any damage.

We have compiled a list of files and directories on the filesystem which
have a modification date after the problems appeared, which are the only
ones we have reason to believe could have been affected. You will find this
list under /nobackup/smhid6/possibly_affected_files.txt.gz. Do note that
this is not a list of *definitely corrupt* files, but merely files that
*could* be corrupt.

Even though we believe this to be the only affected files, be observant
when you check your old data not on this list and please report errors if
you find them.

Best regards,

NSC support