[Gamma-users] Possible reboot of Triolith and Gamma login nodes later today

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Fri Nov 11 10:33:22 CET 2016

Dear Triolith and Gamma users,

We will probably need to restart the login nodes later today to apply
an urgent security update. If we do this, we will provide a 30-minute
warning to all logged-in users (via the "wall" command that will
display the message in your terminal windows).

The estimated downtime is 30 minutes per login node. On Gamma, it
means logins are impossible during that time. On Triolith, you will
automatically be redirected to the other login node when you try to
login.

Running and queued jobs will not be affected. "interactive" sessions
will be terminated.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>