[Gamma-users] Allinea training (code debugging) Feb. 8th 2017 NSC/LiU

Weine Olovsson weiol at nsc.liu.se
Tue Nov 29 10:10:09 CET 2016

Hello,

There will be an Allinea (set of tools for debugging) training event at
LiU/NSC on Feb 8th 2017.
https://www.allinea.com/

also see NSC devel-tools software list:
https://www.nsc.liu.se/systems/triolith/software/triolith-software-devel-tools.html

If you have some specific interest in the contents of the training (see
points 4-9 below), you're welcome to contact me (preferably this week).

There will be a default core part:
1. Characterizing applications performance
2. Automated debugging
3. Workload imbalances

There'll also be a selection of specific content, with time to include
maybe 2-3 sections:
4. Vectorization: best practices and vectorization-aware development
with Allinea MAP (adequate for both KNL and x86_64 architectures)
5. Memory accesses: improving data locality with Allinea MAP
6. Disk I/O optimization: from the discovery of I/O patterns to I/O
optimization with Allinea MAP
7. Resolve GPU shared memory computation errors with Allinea DDT
8. Memory debugging deep-dive with Allinea DDT
9. Bring your own codes for debugging/profiling!

OBS: registration and official announcement will be done separately.

Best regards,

Weine Olovsson

--
Weine Olovsson - Application Expert