[Gimle-users] Re: Login node gimle reboot Tuesday September 30

kent at nsc.liu.se kent at nsc.liu.se
Tue Sep 30 13:04:39 CEST 2008

kent at nsc.liu.se writes:
> We would like to reboot the Gimle login node gimle.nsc.liu.se in the
> afternoon/evening tomorrow to install a new kernel in preparation for
> mounting the Lustre file systems.
>
> We will give you a warning using "wall" 30-60 minutes before the reboot.

Expect this reboot to take place some time between 13.00 and 14.00.

> Please do not run anything that takes longer to complete on the
> gimle.nsc.liu.se login node tomorrow after lunch that can be negatively
> affected by this.

The compute nodes on Gimle (all except n[59-66] and n[103-110] which
were running jobs and will be handled later) have just been upgraded to
a new node image. New kernel, new versions of other CentOS packages, and
last but not least, Lustre support.

If you discover problems running your jobs on the nodes after this
upgrade, please report them to smhi-support at nsc.liu.se.

--
Kent Engström, NSC
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444