[Gimle-users] Re: Gimle system maintenance on Thursday

kent at nsc.liu.se kent at nsc.liu.se
Thu Jan 29 11:54:30 CET 2009

kent at nsc.liu.se writes:
> Dear Gimle Users,
>
> we will be doing system maintenance (OS and kernel updates etc.) on Gimle
> on Thursday January 29. This will require a restart of the login node
> gimle.nsc.liu.se (as well as the system node gipp.nsc.liu.se serving the
> /software filesystem) at some time during the day.
>
> We will most likely also be restarting idle nodes. We will not restart
> nodes running user jobs.

We have now updated and rebooted the system nodes and all computes nodes
that were idle. There should be no more interruptions for you today.

The remaining compute nodes will be updated when the currently running
user jobs are done (which is why you may see some grey vertical lines at
http://www.nsc.liu.se/cgi-bin/gimlestatus).

Sincerely
--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444