[Gimle-users] Gimle up again but filesystem rossby14 down

kent at nsc.liu.se kent at nsc.liu.se
Wed Sep 9 20:46:31 CEST 2009

Dear Gimle Users,

I have some good news and some bad news.

THE GOOD NEWS: the full-scale power and cooling test today completed
almost on time. We do not need to keep the systems down tomorrow too.

Gimle has just been made available to you again. Dunder and Tornado will
follow tonight or in the morning (Johan will announce that separately).

THE BAD NEWS: One of the disk servers serving the rossby14 file system
is down. We have reported it to HP and expect them to service it
tomorrow or on Friday. The rossby14 file system is down until that is
done.

If anybody has a running or queued job that you know will fail due to
rossby14 being gone at the moment, please cancel the job.

Stay tuned for updates,

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444