[Gimle-users] Gimle login node downtime today ~ 10.30 CEST

KentEngström kent at nsc.liu.se
Wed Jul 21 10:25:50 CEST 2010

Dear Gimle Users,

Yesterday

> the Gimle login node had Lustre filesystem access problems
> and we decided to reboot it.
>
> During the reboot, there was an error indicator for one of the memory
> modules, so we will most likely replace that DIMM as soon as HP can
> manage. So, be prepared for another stop tomorrow (or perhaps today if
> the problem returns).

The service tech is on his way with the memory. We will shut down the
Gimle login node 10.30-11.00-ish CEST to replace the DIMM. It will be up
soon again.

Batch jobs running on nodes will not be affected by the downtime.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444