[Gimle-users] Gimle login node rebooted again

KentEngström kent at nsc.liu.se
Sat Nov 20 16:52:07 CET 2010

Guess what?

Another Gimle login node reboot was needed today to make the system
behave again.

I'm back in the country now, and on Monday I will sit down and try to
correlate the problems we've seen with programs running at the same
time, other system events etc.

If, by any chance, you yourself feel that there might be a correlation
between the problems and any program you have run on the login node at
the same time as more than one of the incidents, please tell us. We
won't bite - it is not your fault the system triggers some bug in these
circumstances.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444