[Gimle-users] Power Outage at NSC ~ 17.00-17.10

KentEngström kent at nsc.liu.se
Tue Nov 23 20:07:08 CET 2010

There was a campus-wide power outage (or wider) lasting for about 10
minutes today at Campus Valla.

This was too long for the Gimle compute nodes, and also for some
of the older generation Accumulus storage servers.

As I am writing this, Gimle is up and running again with the following
caveats:

- Four Nehalem and two Harpertown nodes are missing. They will probably
  require service.

I will case these nodes tomorrow.

- NFS filesystems /nobackup/rossby{5,7} are missing.

- Lustre filesystems /nobackup/rossby{9,10,13} and /nobackup/smhid{4,6}
  are missing.

My colleagues have been working on this tonight and will continue
tomorrow.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444