[Gimle-users] A reminder on the "-t" flag

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Mon Apr 4 09:48:55 CEST 2011

> Dear Gimle Users,
>
> please remember the downtime next week starting 8.00 CEST April 6. See
> below.
>

> If you submit jobs now that are to run before the stop, please use the
> "-t" flag to specify a job length that fits. If you submit a seven day
> job now (the max length, and the default too with no "-t"), the system
> is "smart" enough to see that it will not fit before the downtime, and
> thus the system decides not to start it.
>
> Let's keep the system busy until the stop!

I just want to clarify that the "-t" flag is needed even for
"interactive", not only "sbatch". Today, you cannot just say
"interactive -N1" without specifying a time limit, as that would mean
default max time = default time = 7 days, which cannot run before the
downtine on Wednesday.

For example, to get an one node interactive session with a max length of eight
hours, use "interactive -N1 -t 8:00:00".

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444