[Gimle-users] Decommissioning of old file systems on 4/4 at NSC

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Fri Mar 4 11:50:11 CET 2011

Johan Raber <raber at nsc.liu.se> writes:
> Dear Gimle Users,
>
> On April 4th a number of old and small file systems will be
> decommissioned, namely:
> /nobackup/rossby{1,4-8}
> /nobackup/smhid{1,3}
>
> Any important data should be moved elsewhere before then. Shortly
> after shutdown the disks will be securely erased.
>
> A last message about this will be sent out one week in advance.

Please let me add a little hint to make your Gimle login node experience
a bit smoother:

If you are copying/moving large amounts of data, for example in order to
evacuate these filesystems, please consider allocating a compute node
using the "interactive -N1" command and do the copying on that node. In
that way, you get the full network performance of that node for your
transfers, and it will not affect the things you do on the login node.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444