[Gimle-users] Gimle login node rebooted

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Wed Mar 30 16:53:03 CEST 2011

Dear Gimle Users,

we apologize for the fact that the Gimle login node took a little nap
recently and had to be rebooted. We are pretty sure of the reason
and will make sure it does not happen again.

(Background, for those who might be interested: when we restarted the
Gimle login node this Monday, some filesystems failed to be mounted
automatically and we had to mount them manually. When we did that
manually we forgot the workaround for the bug we found to be the cause
for the crashes earlier this year... so, we got another such crash. The
login node is now restarted with all file systems mounted and the
workaround implemented.)

/ Kent, wearing the virtual brown paper bag