[Gimle-users] Gimle login node restart Tuesday Aug 28 10-12 CEST

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Thu Aug 23 11:40:01 CEST 2012

Dear Gimle Users,

it is time for an update of the Gimle servers and nodes again.

We will start updating the compute nodes today as they become idle.

We also need to update and reboot the login server and the system
servers. We have allocated a time slot 10-12 CEST on Tuesday next week
for this. If this slot is much worse than some other time slot next
week, please contact us at once.

As usual, you need to log out (or be logged out) from the login server
during the reboot.

In this slot we will also reboot the Gimle/Krypton home file system
server, so Krypton will also experience a short hang in /home access.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444