[Gimle-users] Filesystems smhid7, smhid8, fouo1, rossby14 service stop tomorrow

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Mon Sep 17 10:40:20 CEST 2012

Dear Accumulus filesystem users,

the mds4 metadata server, which handles the smhid7, smhid8, fouo1 and
rossby14 file systems, need to have its cache batteries changed.
After talking to the service technician and our user representatives
we have scheduled a service stop for tomorrow Tuesday Sept 18, 11-12
CEST.

If that time is much worse due to some reason, compared to other times
during this week, please contact us at once.

If things go as planned, you will just see file system accesses to these
file systems hanging during the service stop and resume later. There is
a slightly higher risk (as compared to earlier cache batteries changes
on normal disk servers) that things will be more... interesting. We will
do our best and inform you afterwards.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444