[Kappa-users] slurm commands times out

Per Lundqvist perl at nsc.liu.se
Thu Aug 26 15:24:49 CEST 2010

We have previously seen slurm on Kappa having problems where commands
occasionally times out with a message similar to:

   sbatch: error: slurm_receive_msg: Socket timed out on send/recv operation

and we have also got a report of where SSH failed to a node where the
user had a job running:

   $ ssh n176
   Access denied: user ... has no active jobs.
   Connection closed by 10.5.1.76

We have tuned some parameters and are very interested in whether any
of these problem still happens. Please if it does, send an e-mail to
support (if possible include terminal output + a timestamp over when
this happened).

Please, if you encounter any other problems on Kappa, do not hesitate
to contact support.

best regards,
/Kappa admin

--