[Kappa-users] Guaranteed number of nodes for green partition

Per Lundqvist perl at nsc.liu.se
Tue Nov 16 11:07:57 CET 2010

[ This information affects only current users of the green partition of Kappa ]

Since new members have arrived in respective group using the green
partition of Kappa the guaranteed nodes limit has been updated for both
groups:

The limit is computed as: round(nodes/users * oversubscribe), where
nodes currently is 29 and oversubscribe is 2.0:

   liu1 = round(29/13 * 2) = 4
   liu5 = round(29/17 * 2) = 3

If we would lower this limit such that a running job breaks the limit
the job wouldn't be killed, but enqueued jobs breaking the limit would
be cancelled. We will therefore only apply this limit in a safe way
such that it doesn't interfere with any jobs. We will manually inform
users with enqueued jobs breaking the limit.

Since we can apply the limit safely we will do it automatically from
now on. But try to inform you by mail when the limit has been lowered.

best regards,
/Kappa admin

--
Per Lundqvist