[Kappa-users] Guaranteed number of nodes for green partition

Per Lundqvist perl at nsc.liu.se
Mon Feb 14 08:22:11 CET 2011

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, Per Lundqvist wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2011, Per Lundqvist wrote:
>
> > As agreed upon the last user meeting the oversubscribe factor has been
> > increased from 2.0 to 2.5, resulting in the following new limits:
> >
> >      liu1 = round(29/19 * 2.5) = 4
> >      liu5 = round(29/16 * 2.5) = 5
>
> Since there seems to be room for additional oversubscription within
> the green partition, we (me, Peter Steneteg and Peter Münger) have
> agreed to increase this factor further to 3.5, which gives:
>
>       liu1 = round(29/19 * 3.5) = 5
>       liu5 = round(29/16 * 3.5) = 6

As you may have noticed this latest change has caused the green
partition to sometimes be full and some jobs have had to queue before
starting. Therefore we set the oversubscription factor back to 2.5
again. This will take effect after 0900 today. The new limits for
maximum nodes per user is:

      liu1 = round(29/19 * 2.5) = 4
      liu5 = round(29/16 * 2.5) = 5

/Per