[Kappa-users] 44 compute nodes unavailable today and tomorrow

Pär Andersson paran at nsc.liu.se
Wed Jun 8 16:11:03 CEST 2011

Hi,

Due to scheduled maintenance 44 compute nodes in Kappa have been
unavailable 09:30 - 15:30 today, and 44 other nodes will be unavailable
tomorrow. I apologize for forgetting to send out information about this
in advance.

Running jobs is not affected. You may however experience slightly longer
queue times as 12% of the compute nodes is unavailable.

Technical details follows:
We are replacing bad CMOS batteries in 24 compute nodes. 11 nodes today
and 13 tomorrow. The compute nodes in Kappa are HP DL170h were four
nodes share a DL1000 enclosure. To replace batteries in 11 nodes today
we had to take 11 enclosures with 44 nodes offline. Tomorrow we only
need to take 11 enclosures offline to service 13 nodes, as some nodes
with bad batteries are in the same enclosures.

Regards,

Pär Andersson
NSC