[Kappa-users] Kappa scheduled downtime 2011-10-26

Andreas Johansson andjo at nsc.liu.se
Wed Oct 19 11:38:51 CEST 2011

Dear Kappa users,

Due to a circuit failure in the power switchboard we need to do a
scheduled shutdown of all compute nodes in Kappa, so the electrician
can replace the failed component.

(You may have noticed that nodes n[185-276] are offline, this is caused
by this circuit failure.)

This scheduled downtime will begin at 08:00 on Wednesday 26th of
October. As soon as the work is complete we will power on the systems
again, but we have reserved the entire day in case of unexpected problems.

All jobs that are submitted, and has a walltime requirement that is
longer than the time remaining until the service stop, will remain
queued until the system downtime is over. This of course means that
shorter jobs will have a greater chance of running, so if you have any
such jobs please feel free to queue them up.

Best regards,

--
Andreas Johansson, NSC