[Kappa-users] Login node reboot today 14:30

Pär Andersson paran at nsc.liu.se
Tue Mar 13 14:13:57 CET 2012

Dear Kappa users,

We will reboot the login node of Kappa 14:30 today.

Currently using the network file systems, for example by running "ls" in
your home directory, is very slow on the login node. We believe that a
reboot will resolve this.

This appears to be the same problem we experienced on 2012-01-20. A
reboot fixed the problem that time. Unfortunately we still don't know
what causes this problem. We have gathered debugging data today and will
report the problem to the file system vendor.

Regards,
Pär Andersson
NSC