[Kappa-users] Early shutdown of the Kappa and Matter login nodes

Johan Raber raber at nsc.liu.se
Fri Jun 5 12:28:00 CEST 2015

Dear Matter and Kappa users,

The decommissioning of Kappa and Matter has been advertised as such that no
jobs will run after 12/6 at 12:00, while the login nodes would be available
for data transfers until 26/6.

For technical reasons, we will need to back out of one part of this
schedule and shut down the Kappa and Matter login nodes on 15/6, that is,
three days after the nodes are shut down instead of two weeks.

One of the things we want to make possible by this advance shut down is to
increase the available bandwidth from Gamma to the NSC centre storage by
merging the connections from Kappa and Matter with that of Gamma.

This will mainly affect those of you without other means to access NSC
centre storage (i.e. /proj and /home) who will have significantly less time
to download your project's data. For you, we will upon your request to
support open temporary guest accounts without CPU time allocations on other
NSC resources to let you retreive this data.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Best Regards,
Johan Raber, Gamma project manager