[Krypton-users] Krypton: Use of -A flag

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Mon Nov 5 11:06:44 CET 2012

Dear Krypton Users,

SHORT VERSION

  When you need to specify -A to run risk jobs or to run on fat nodes
  (or if you belong to several groups), you need to specify -A on the
  sbatch command line, not in the batch file (lines like "#SBATCH -A
  rossby_fat").

  We will get back to you if we can change this.

LONG VERSION

  I did not read the man page well enough (or test all cases) before
  implementing the changes last week. I was under the mistaken
  impression that -A always overrode the environment variable
  SBATCH_ACCOUNT. But, as the man page says, -A on the command line wins
  over SBATCH_ACCOUNT which wins over -A in the batch file.

  We will see if we can solve this in some other way so we do not have
  to set SBATCH_ACCOUNT for you, but until then you have two choices:

  1) Specify -A on the command line (not in the file) when you need a
  non-default account (for risk jobs, fat nods, running for other group
  you also belong too).

  2) Unset SBATCH_ACCOUNT before submitting.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444