[Krypton-users] Krypton service stop on November 1

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Wed Oct 31 16:00:57 CET 2012

Dear Krypton Users,

a reminder about the service stop on Krypton tomorrow.

As stated earlier, we will have to cancel the jobs that are in the SLURM
queue when the service stop begins (as we need to be able to test the
queueing system "as users"). If jobs are submitted via cron during the
service stop, we reserve the right to kill them too.

We will also block logins to the login node (and log out users)
during most of the service stop. Please use Gimle if you need access to
/home and the Accumulus file systems.

As we let you in again we will update you about the changes to the
queueing system, but we aim at you being able to submit normal
jobs (i.e. non-risk jobs on normal, non-fat nodes) without changes
to the sbatch/interactive command lines.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444