[Krypton-users] Krypton/Gimle /home directory filling up (at 88% today)

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Thu Mar 28 09:16:05 CET 2013

Dear Krypton and Gimle Users,

during the last weeks, the shared Gimle/Krypton /home file system has
been getting fuller and fuller. We are now at 88% full.

This is were we normally ask you to check your files and do some
cleaning (sorry for not mailing earlier!), so please take a look to find
out:

*) Are there files on /home you can move to /nobackup file systems,
that is files that do not need to reside on storage backed up to tape?

*) Are there files on /home you can compress /nobackup file systems?

*) Are there files on /home you can remove?

To find out your disk usage, have a look at the /home/diskinfo file
which is updated daily.

Regards,

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444