[Krypton-users] Krypton login node downtime tomorrow for OS update

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Wed Dec 17 17:05:22 CET 2014

Dear Krypton Users,

we need to install a recent (received today) kernel security patch
on Krypton before the Christmas holidays.

Together with the user representatives, we have scheduled this for
tomorrow Thursday 18th, 15:00-17:00 CET.

The login node (and the system server) will be rebooted. We will also
start a rolling update of the nodes as they become idle (should not
affect running jobs).

PS! The Nehalem nodes n[301-428] are scheduled to be turned off at the
end of the year.

Best Regards,
--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444