[monolith-users] Disk server failure on Monolith

Leif Nixon nixon at nsc.liu.se
Thu Apr 24 12:10:24 CEST 2003

Dear Monolith users,

At approximately 01:29 CET tonight one of the Monolith disk servers
crashed, making the /home and /disk/global file systems unavailable.

At the moment the server is still showing signs of instability. We're
sorry for any problems this may have caused you.

I can assure you we are patently dissatisfied with the current
frequency of service interruptions and we are investigating different
approaches to improving the situation.

--
Leif Nixon                                    Systems expert