[monolith-users] Intel compiler 7.1 upgrade on Monolith

Torgny Faxen faxen at nsc.liu.se
Tue Aug 12 15:12:40 CEST 2003

Dear Monolith user,
the default Intel compiler on Monolith is 6.0. There is a later version available called
7.1 which can be used through the "module" command:

module unload intel; module load intel/7.1

The 7.1 version on Monolith has just been upgraded to the latest version (7.1.025 for C/C++
and 7.1.028 for Fortran). This is the last upgrade we will do before we will switch and
make 7.1 the default compiler, which will happen soon.

Please test 7.1 and let us know of any problems!  In general there are many performance
improvements in 7.1, as well as bug fixes,  so there is every reason to try it out!

Regards / NSC support team

   Torgny Faxén
   National Supercomputer Center
   Linköping University
   S-581 83 Linköping
   Sweden

   Email:faxen at nsc.liu.se
   Telephone: +46 13 285798 (office) +46 13 282535  (fax)
   http://www.nsc.liu.se