[monolith-users] Unscheduled system stop

Leif Nixon nixon@nsc.liu.se
Tue Mar 18 09:07:01 CET 2003

Dear NSC users,

Frustratingly, we once again experienced loss of service in the campus
wide cooling system last night, forcing an emergency stop of several
NSC systems, including Monolith, when temperatures in our main
computer room soared.

All systems should now be up and running again.

As far as possible, jobs have been requeued, but we would ask you to
please check the status of your jobs.

We sincerely hope that we can avoid this kind of incidents in the
future, and apologize for any trouble this has caused you.

--
Leif Nixon                                    Systems expert