[monolith-users] Continuing monolith problems

Leif Nixon nixon at nsc.liu.se
Thu Mar 27 10:53:34 CET 2003

Dear long-suffering Monolith users,

Obviously, it never rains but it pours.

Last night, while restoring the last of the data from the failed RAID
unit, we suffered a system crash on the machine to which the RAID unit
is attached. We have not yet determined the cause of the crash, and are
working on bringing it up again. It is expected to take on the order of
a couple of hours more.

Until the machine is up again, the /home/ and /disk/global/
filesystems are unavailable. The queue system is stopped for the
moment.

Sincerely,

--
Leif Nixon                                    Systems expert