[monolith-users] Re: System maintenance stop Tuesday-Wednesday

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Wed Oct 15 15:09:07 CEST 2003

Dear Monolith users,

The system maintenance is done for this time and Monolith is again
fully operational.

This has been done:

	1/ Upgrade of the Linux kernels on our file servers, to get
	rid of an NFS problem, that a few users have had big problems
	with.

	2/ A new version av ScaMPI has been tested. It was less stable
	than the old one, so we did no upgrade.

	3/ We have made the /home file system bigger, because of
	several accidents with compute jobs that have overfilled
	it. Still, please do run jobs in your /disk/global*
	directory and not in your /home directory. And please do
	not use your /home directory for big data that easily may
	be reprocuced with a new job run on Monolith. The /home
	file system is mainly meant for small configuration files
	that are difficult to reproduce.

	4/ Minor hardware service of the Scali network.

As always, please mail your questions and comments to <support at nsc.liu.se>.

Best regards,
--
  Lennart Karlsson <support at nsc.liu.se>
  National Supercomputer Centre, Linkoping University