[monolith-users] Status report

Leif Nixon nixon at nsc.liu.se
Fri Jul 2 17:32:26 CEST 2004

Dear Monolith users,

Work is progressing steadily but, alas, somewhat slower than we hoped.

The current estimate is that Monolith at earliest can be back in
service in the middle of next week, i.e. around July 7. This is a
lower limit; the downtime may well stretch into the week after that.

We are sorry we can't give a firmer timeplan, but the tasks involved
are complex. We are not satified with just plugging the holes we've
seen used - we are adding additional layers of hardening to the system
design.

We will once again issue new passwords for all Monolith accounts,
using the same routines as last time. You will receive more
information on this as system start-up time approaches.

Please contact support at nsc.liu.se if you have any questions.

Regards,

--
Leif Nixon                                    Systems expert