[monolith-users] Monolith is once again back in service

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Fri Jul 9 01:36:23 CEST 2004

Dear Monolith users,

Now Monolith is back in full service again.

The day before yesterday (i.e. Wednesday) we sent (paper) mails
to all of our regular SMHI and SNAC  users, with new passwords.
The send list was the same as last time. i.e. if you got a
paper mail with a password last time, this week we have sent you
a new one.

If you have got a lab account through Berkant Savas, and still
need it, please send an e-mail to support at nsc.liu.se.

If you do not receive your password information at latest today (Friday)
with your regular mail, please send us an e-mail with an
explicit request to open your account when you need it next time.

Please keep your alertness for signs of intrusions on your computer
systems. The attackers are using trojaned ssh clients at a number of
academic sites to steal ssh passwords, which have later been used to
gain ssh access to other systems.

We are very sorry about the long service stop.

As always, please mail your questions and comments to <support at nsc.liu.se>.

Best regards,
-- Lennart Karlsson <support at nsc.liu.se>
   National Supercomputer Centre, Linkoping University
   http://www.nsc.liu.se